Control Systems Integration
Firstco offers turn-key solutions for Communications and Controls infrastructure on rail projects. As specialists in station and tunnel systems integration, we have teams of engineers who are able to design and deliver state-of-the-art technological solutions to enable operators to efficiently and safely run their station.
The solutions that Firstco provide include:
- Control room design (Command & Control).
- Tunnel Control Systems.
- Infrastructure systems such as the backbone fibre optic transmission network, the ventilation system and wireless systems using dedicated radiating cable solutions.
Firstco are able to use the equipment best suited to any job and therefore always provide scope for cost savings, as well as ensuring that the integration is seamless.
We believe in working with our clients in order to achieve all of their goals and to ensure that the requirements of the passengers and controllers are captured and form part of the solution.
An example of our high standard of rail systems design work is with Heathrow Express where we have been responsible for many elements including design of the Tunnel Control System and the Control Room. Firstco have also designed and implemented the station systems as part of the Rails and Tunnels Team for BAA working on the Heathrow Express extension into the Heathrow Airport Terminal 5.
- Control Rooms (Command & Control)
- Maintenance Workstations
- SCADA and PLC Networks
- BMS and HVAC Controls
- Energy Saving
- People Counting
- Passenger Information Displays
- Public Address/Voice Alarm
- Fire Detection
- Access Control
- Intruder Detection
- Wireless Communications
- Fixed Line Voice Communications
- Data Communications
- Backbone Fibre and Copper Networks
- Systems integration for all station systems (CCTV, PMR (Private Mobile Radio) and Cellular Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), PA/VA, Fire, Utilities, Customer Information Displays, SCADA/PLC, Data Networks and Fixed Telephony)