We are a UK based systems engineering company, specialising in mission-critical control and communication systems within transportation environments and we’re currently recruiting for an Project Engineer – OT Networks.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking company and to make the role your own.
At Firstco, we consult, design, build and support a range of control & communication systems and networks within the transport and other critical national infrastructure industries.
Our project engineers consult, design, deliver and support networks in sectors across our business, primarily (but not limited to) railway and aviation. Specific roles and responsibilities are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Our project engineers will provide networks to support Operational Technology (OT) and critical infrastructure such as SCADA/PLC, CCTV, public address, information systems and other sub-systems as appropriate.
Due to the nature of our projects, some works will be required to be undertaken overnight shifts or weekends to meet operational constraints. This will be occasional and planned activity, with the role being predominantly weekday-based.
This role includes an element of on-call, remote assistance as part of a second-line team to support several of our networks.
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements
- Up to 5 years experience working with networks that support OT/critical infrastructure.
- Experience in configuring and supporting network devices to at least a Cisco CCNA level (or equivalent).
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Ability to work on numerous projects at a time.
- Able to demonstrate practical skills and work safely in rail and airport environments, including undertaking risk assessment and following safe systems of work.
- Qualified to obtain necessary passes to work in trackside and sub-surface rail locations, and in secure environments (licenses and training shall be provided, but the applicant must be able to meet requirements).
Key Responsibilities – Including but not limited to:
A Firstco project engineer shall support all aspects of our projects, predominantly in the rail and aviation sectors, and will undertake project-specific roles in control and communications work packages including:
- System design
- System development and installation
- Test and commissioning (onsite or offsite)
- Contributing to assurance and requirements traceability activities.
The engineer shall work within a project team comprising Firstco and/or customer personnel under the direction of a project manager and a senior systems engineer.
*This role is only available to candidates who have the right to live and work in the UK. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
*Applicants should be based within a commutable distance to West London.
To apply, please click here: https://bit.ly/2YLyBdo